Request #19-253

Please inquire to the Building Department to provide me with any and all documents, reports, notes, permits, supporting information,  recordings and all other formats of information on any potential information on 1944 San Salvador Dr, Santa Rosa (Fee Parcel No. & Assessment No. 034-270-058-000). Period of inquiry ranges from 1/01/87 through the present. Thank you.

*request modified to limit information to 1) expired permits in the period of 01/01/2006 through 04/29/2019; and 2) open permits in the period of 01/01/2007 through 04/29/2019. See also Request 19-215.


April 29, 2019 via web






Point of Contact

City Clerk

Request Closed Public

The records you requested and which were determined to be disclosable exist in electronic format and we have provided all responsive non-exempt records to you.

May 8, 2019, 1:34pm
Request Published Public
May 8, 2019, 1:33pm
Document(s) Released Public
B09-2010 expired.pdf
B09-2747 expired.pdf
May 1, 2019, 5:58pm
External Message   Hide Public

Hello, I'd like to amend request #19-253 and limit information to 1) expired permits in the period 1/01/2006 through 4/29/2019; and 2) open permits in the period 1/01/2007 through 4/29/2019.

Is this possible? Best regards, Susan

May 1, 2019, 9:54am by the requester
External Message   Hide Public
Hi Kimberly, I followed the link provided and put in a request directed to the fire department asking for information about potential structure fires at 1944 San Salvador Dr, Santa Rosa for the time period ranging from 1/01/1987 through the present. (But I've received no confirmation from that department that they received my inquiry.) Without exiting that inquiry page, I clicked on the link enabling me to ask another request to the building department for information on permits, filings, change orders etc on 1944 San Salvador Dr for a different and more recent time period. That period being 1/01/06 through the present. I asked for this information because I learned that a permit for repairs was applied for and issued, but expired. I learned that 90% of the repairs needed as a result of the second fire (around 2007) were completed but remaining 10% went unperformed due to funds having run out. The building sat unfinished from 2008 (I think) to 2017 when it burnt to the ground in Tubbs fire.  And that second building department request was confirmed as 19-253. Maybe I should open a new request to the fire department? Best regards, Susan
May 1, 2019, 9:35am by the requester via email
External Message   Hide Public

Building records may be inspected in the Planning & Economic Development Department, 100 Santa Rosa Avenue, Room 3 


Monday/Tuesday/Thursday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 
Wednesday: 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 
Friday: 8 a.m. to noon


If you would like to inspect building plans, please make arrangements by calling 707-543-3200 option 1.


To receive copies of construction plans, blue prints, architectural or engineer drawings, engineers’ calculations, soils reports, title 24, or other documents with a design professional license seal and or signature, a signed affidavit is required from the property owner and the professional(s) of record. The forms are available here:


                                              AFFIDAVITS REQUIRED - CLICK HERE


DIRECTIONS for NON-Owners Requesting Duplication of Construction Plans

The property owner’s permission must be obtained before requesting permission from the design professional of record (architect/engineer).

Step 1. Obtain the property owner’s signature on the Authorization of Agent to Act on Property Owner’s Behalf form.

Step 2. Obtain the property owner’s signature on the Property Owner Affidavit form. Retain a copy of all completed forms for your records.  Return executed affidavits including proof of ownership to:


City of Santa Rosa, Planning & Economic Development

100 Santa Rosa Ave., Room 3

Santa Rosa, CA 95404


Here is the legislature regarding construction plans duplication for your reference.


(Division 13 enacted by Stats. 1939, Ch. 60)

PART 3. MISCELLANEOUS [19000 - 19891]

(Part 3 enacted by Stats. 1939, Ch. 60)

CHAPTER 10. Building Records [19850 - 19853]

(Chapter 10 added by Stats. 1971, Ch. 616)


April 30, 2019, 5:01pm by Sandi Bliss , Administrative Technician (Staff)
External Message   Hide Public

I saw your request come in, but noticed that it specifies records from the Building department. Didn’t we already exhaust that resource with your previous request? My recommendation was to request records from the Fire Department. Or did you already do that directly?

April 30, 2019, 11:12am by Kimberly Hopwood (Staff)
Department Assignment Public
Removed: City Clerk.
April 29, 2019, 1:43pm
Department Assignment Public
City Clerk
April 29, 2019, 10:29am
Request Opened Public
Request received via web
April 29, 2019, 10:29am